Monday, April 27, 2015

Dive

Time is flying by now with only two weeks left I can't believe that it is almost over. This past week we had Brian Myers in as our final guest lecturer for the year. It was only fitting that the book he went through was Revelation. We covered a lot of stuff in a very small time window so do to that there was a lot to take in. Not only that but just the fact of how difficult the book of Revelation can be to understand sometimes I will do my best to explain some of what was imparted to me by Brain and the Spirit. I would have to say the thing I can best explain and the thing I was best able to understand from this weeks teaching was the role of the church, from rapture to Christ's 1000 year rule and then the new Heaven and the new Earth. So the Church when ruptured (which looks to be early on or in the middle of the tribulation period) will not have to go through the worst of the tribulations. Now these disastrous events that will pour out in the latter chapters of Revelation are God giving people just a taste of how bad separation from him for eternally will be, but the majority of mankind will still curse God, yet some will repent.
Now those who do turn from their evil ways will have to go through the remaining events that the Lord will poor out upon the Earth. Now the Church who was ruptured already will hold a special place in Christ's thousand year kingdom and His eternal kingdom. We will rule with him in his kingdom and our dwelling place will be Jerusalem as for those who came to faith after the rapture their dwelling place will be the new Earth.
(Small side note here these are just points from my classes. Some may sound a bit strange. I don't even know where I stand on a few of these points totally yet but this is not something that will make or break my salvation or yours. It is simply another viewpoint on what it will be like, taken from scripture.)
The size of new Jerusalem will be HUGE the size of the city by footprint will be bigger than the continental U.S. Now I'm just saying that's big not to mention it will be many many many stories tall also. Here is the cool part we know that the measurements that are used are human measurements and they are the same as how the angles measure. I don't know about you but that to me is nuts!
The big point of Revelation is that Jesus is saying through John that we need to be ready. That is the theme BE READY because the time is now at hand. 

We were blessed with a donation to be able to go play some Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee at an indoor field this past Monday. It was just a fun time to hang out and play together as the year winds down.
I was honored with a great, multi key rendition of happy birthday sung to me at all community worship. As it was my birthday this past Monday. The big 22.

 


 Sadly as the year comes to a close so also did the resort this weekend. But I was able to make the most of the last few days hitting some new features in the park and topping out at a new high speed of 54.4 mph! I am so happy I was able to enjoy Christ's creation through snowboarding with friends I have made this year. Though I am very sad to see the season go I am happy that the bond that was made over boarding this year will be kept up through visits to see friends and ride again together in the future. 

 




We also were able to go up to a Hebrew scrolls presentation up at young life. To say the least it was a lot of history in one place.










As this coming week approaches I will be giving my Testimony Monday morning at community worship and I will be preaching my student teaching on Wednesday night. Aside from just a few final polishing touches it is done. Putting it together well, was not a problem for me. However the real test for me will be when I have to stand up in front of everyone and speak so the class will be able to understand what I want to impart to them. But that will be where I have to put my own abilities aside and let the Spirit speak through me because I know I can't do it by myself. It is going to be a leap of faith for me to not rely on my self to be able to teach. 
In the same way we need to do this throughout our lives. Step aside and let the Spirit lead the way. So think about this!

The long awaited rains
Have fallen hard upon the thirsty ground
And carved their way to where
The wild and rushing river can be found
And like the rains
I have been carried to where the river flows, yeah
My heart is racing, and my feet are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That's telling me to take a leap of faith
So here I go

I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in

There is a supernatural power
In this mighty river's flow
It can bring the dead to life
And it can fill an empty soul
And give a heart the only thing
Worth living and worth dying for, yeah
But we will never know the awesome power
Of the grace of God
Until we let ourselves get swept away
Into this holy flood
So if you take my hand
We'll close our eyes and count to three
And take the leap of faith
Come on let's go

I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in





Till Next Time 
Love Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment