Sunday, February 22, 2015

Whatever

Hey hey hey! Brian Onken walked us through Mark this week. His class was basically just reading through Mark. However the way he guided us through was much like a tour guide in an art museum. Before really looking at Mark this past week, I would kinda read it as one of the Gospels that didn't have as much stuff in it as the others. My view on it now is much different. When we read Mark's Gospel we see that he is more concerned with showing the love, compassion, patience, and the time that Jesus was willing to take with the people he was around. My favorite section of classes this week was when we went over the chapters where Jesus feeds the 5000. Then after the disciples don't get the lessons that he teaches there and shortly after he repeats them and finally the light bulb comes on for them. The mission statement for the book we were given was "His words matter". That really sums up what Mark is about Jesus words matter. So when he is speaking pay close attention or you will miss the small things like the disciples did. But thankfully when we don't get it he will be patient and repeat the lesson till we do.

For workday I was yet again delivering a trailer full of firewood. It is something the lodge has been blessed with so much wood it is great to be able to bless the community with it so people can stay warm.

Our wonderful cook Jenelle




I was on p.m. crew this weekend for the group we had in. That meant I was in the kitchen for a lot of the weekend. I did however do a bit of sanding on some lumber for a bunk bed that is being made for one of the rooms. But most of the time like I said was I was in the kitchen working the dish pit, setting out food and also prep!












Still mach to do on the projects I have to turn in this coming weekend but it is coming together nicely.

Something that will be PRETTY STINKIN AWESOME!!!! is that we will be working the Dare 2 Share event this coming weekend in Denver. It should be a real good time. maybe we even get some backstage access because we know Zane? Hey you never know.

As we were in class this week something I thought of was, I wondered how many times while the disciples were walking with Jesus, did he just sit back and kinda face palm and think to himself how can you not get it? This thought came to mind because of how the disciples often are so close to the answer but then totally miss it and try to be used in a way they think best. Even though it is not how the Lord wanted them to be used. But he always was patient and loving in how he taught. I am glad he is still that way with me. But maybe, just maybe we should pay a bit more close attention because, his words matter. That way we don't miss it.

These words fit so well for me I think

I made a list, wrote down from A to Z
All the ways I thought that you could best use me
Told all my strengths and my abilities
I formed a plan it seemed to make good sense
I laid it out for You so sure You'd be convinced
I made my case, presented my defense
But then I read the letter that you sent me
It said that all you really want me from me is just

Whatever, whatever You say
Whatever, I will obey
Whatever, Lord, have Your way
'Cause You are my God, whatever

So strike a match, set fire to the list
Of all my good intentions, all my preconceived ideas
I want to do your will no matter what it is
Give me faith to follow where You lead me
Oh, Lord, give me the courage and the strength


Whatever, whatever You say
Whatever, I will obey
Whatever, Lord, have Your way
'Cause You are my God, whatever

I am not my own
I am Yours and Yours alone
You have bought me with your blood
Lord, to You and You alone do I belong
And so whatever



Till Next Time
Love Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment