Monday, February 2, 2015

Do Everything


Another awesome week down! Sorry this week will be a little light on pictures. Our guest speaker this week was Dave Firth. He is originally from England but lives in New Zealand, about an hour from the Shire. His class for the week was on the Bibles authority and how to use it to disprove mainly evolution. If you have ever seen Louie Giglio do "how great is our God", Dave's class was basically a week long of that times 10. We were in the first 11 chapters of Genesis all week. We covered everything from creation, to Noah and all of his decedents. I found it to be vary valuable the information that was taught. Mainly because as young Christians and even some older have often times a very difficult time in defending the origins of our faith.
Here are a few points from the classes this week that I really liked

-The word Universe speaks to creation perfectly, because universe is a compound word. Uni=single and Verse=spoken sentence. So Universe essentially can be summed up with "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth".

-If we follow the family tree from Noah back to Adam and also forward we can see by lifespan roughly how old the earth is. Give or take a few hundred years because we do not know an exact age of some of the decedents. However we do know what would have been the general age they would have lived to be. So with some educated guess work we get to around 6000 or so. Much easier to prove than 75billion.

-The ark is an awesome representation of salvation. Noah had to enter into something to be protected from the wrath of God. In the same way we need to enter into Christ to be protected from judgement of the sin we have committed.    

On Tuesday for workday I was delivering firewood. So I spent the afternoon loading, unloading, then stacking piles of wood. Keeping people warm in the community. As I have said before I enjoy the work days here and being able not only to help the lodge out but also the people around the lodge as well.

We had a guest group in this weekend. It was a high school group of about 20. I was on the lodge crew for the a.m. shifts. However I helped out both days with the p.m. crew. Basically our job was to keep the lodge clean, stocked, prep food, and do dishes after meals. So on Friday night I helped on kitchen crew. Saturday I was up before 7 and in the kitchen at 7:15. We prepared breakfast and served the guests. Then we had clean up. Following breakfast we cleaned, stocked, and readied the lodge for lunch as the group was out at the mountain. We had an hour or so break then we were back in the kitchen to prepare lunch. We finished cleanup and a.m. crew was off. I however volunteered to help the p.m. crew again. So after a short break for me, I was down helping split and stack wood. After about 2 hours or so we were done. I then again was in the kitchen helping with dinner prep and cleanup. I was very tired after the day was done but I was more than happy to work the extra time. I enjoyed working behind the scenes this weekend.

As I sit and type out this week's entry I am working out in my mind a short devotion for Colossians that is due the end of the week. Having to do a small project like this would have seemed impossible to me at the beginning of the year. Now as I have learned much this year it does not phase me at all.

As I worked behind the scenes this weekend, it really came to mind of how much goes on that we do not see in our day to day lives. So these simple words came to mind.

While I may not know you
I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes, does it matter at all?
Well let me remind you, it all matters just as long
As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you,
Cause he made you
To do

Every little thing that you do
To bring a smile to His face
Tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every thing you do

1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God

No matter how small a job you think it is it matters, so do your best all the time.


Till Next Time
Love Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment