Monday, November 24, 2014

Walk with the wise



So this past week we hit the mountain a lot! I have been to the hill 4 times this week. I'm really getting it down. Loving my Never Summer Snow Trooper as well. This board is freaking awesome! As I am typing this section (Saturday night) snow is coming down. So we will be up early trying to get some of the fresh stuff over at the resort.


 This past Monday our class was at the mountain. We were familiarizing ourselves with the resort and going over how to teach the basics of Skiing and Snowboarding. Reason being the 2nd half of the year we will be helping lead groups on the mountain and working with them. It will mainly be youth groups coming in from what I understand. But seriously whats better for a class on Monday than Snowboarding?!

So this past week we had Brian Onken as our guest speaker. His topic was on the Trinity, it was a very good series this week in my opinion. We discussed how the Trinity is a vital part of our faith. The Godhead 3 in 1 with all parts being different and serving different purposes yet each entity can fill every position. I always love listening to a subject that I have a pretty good understanding of. I realize how blessed I am to have been raised on the truth, the facts and knowledge of the Bible. If you do not have a good foundation of the basics, it will be more difficult to grasp the more intricate aspects of God. I see this in some of the questions asked during class. Where as I may think "well this or that just doesn't line up with Gods character so why would it even apply here"? But I have a pretty good foundation to lean on when it comes to understanding how the Lord works. I credit that to my parents, grandparents, my 2nd set of parents (The Morgans) my pastor, and the other Godly people in my life.

1 big thing that stuck out to me this week in our discussion was how a lot Christians most of the time say a very generic prayer and don't really pay attention to who they are talking to. Whether it be the Father, Son, or Spirit. Think, have you ever started praying and said dear father, and then somewhere a little ways in said thank you for coming to earth and dieing for us? The problem there is that the Father didn't die for us. While it was God fully man, it was Jesus the Son not the Father. Think about that next time you pray, be diligent and specific in what you pray. We may know and understand that to be true but not aware of blurring the lines. We also talked about how no one really ever knows what to do about, or with the Spirit, how he, not it,(because the Spirit is a being of the Godhead not just a thing or """power""" we acquire) can become the strange cousin that we forget about. The Spirit is a vital part of our everyday as Christians. Because without the Spirit there would have been no one to offer up the sacrifice to the Father. Did you know that? I didn't, one of the cool things I have learned this week. Hebrews 9:14 says

 "How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!"

So we see right there how in one very big way how the Spirit is a vital  part of the Trinity and not just the estranged cousin of the Godhead. One other point to mention is that she same Spirit that was given at Pentecost to the disciples is the same Spirit we have today. We often forget about that, and think the time of miracles is over because they were the ones who did them. But it would stand to reason that since we have the same Spirit as the disciples had we can do those same miracles. The one thing we have to look at though is that even when the disciples were healing people and doing miracles, they were doing the will of the Lord. Jesus even did his work the same way, which was by the will of the Father. They did not heal everyone who needed to be. Which brings us back to prayer. When you pray do you ever take time after you are done to listen, or is it just amen and then on with your life? How will you know what you are to do if the conversation is one sided? Along with reading the Bible, when you pray take some time to listen, the Lord may just speak to you.



Eric^^ On The Left And Collin^^ On The Right 



 This past Friday night we were again down at the coffee hour and then we had the treat of helping Horizons with their Thanksgiving night. We help setup and just sat, ate, and talked with people. About Jesus if the opportunity presented itself, if not just making friendships. Sadly I still have not seen my friend Muhammad so I pray he is doing well and is safe. However I was able to spend a good amount of time with Ivan again this week. I found out that he will be going home in a month to finish school back in Singapore. I am trying to coordinate a day on the mountain with him before he goes. So if you would please pray that we can get something worked out so we can meet up. One thing that I am glad about is that he plays some of the same PC games that I do. So even after he heads back home I will be able to keep in contact and be an influence on him through that outlet.


The Epitome Of Nick
So as I am finishing this up now after a full day on the Mountain a thought just popped into my mind. I had been wondering what song reference I was going to use this week. I like to not only link the lyrics to something I learned about in class but also to something I have been doing the past week. So I was thinking of  "Walk With The Wise" to use this week. It came to my mind because of 1 the subject this week and how because of my walk with people older and wiser than myself I have a somewhat good understanding of the Trinity. Also along with that, the crew I have been boarding with and watching and taking pointers from. Without them I would not be anywhere close to where my skill is right now. Especially my buddy Cody with the years of boarding under his belt has made things know to me I would have never thought of, or been very frustrated learning. So these words came to mind. Starting from verse 2.



I've learned to look for answers in those born before my time
As I listen to them tell me what they've learned in their lives
I talk to friends with understanding much deeper than my own
And gain wisdom beyond measure I could never find alone
       
If we walk with the wise we will grow wise woah woah
If we walk in the light then our path will be bright I know
There's someone who's already been where we must go In the light of what they've learned we find
That we will grow wise if we walk with the wise


Till Next Time
Love Jared
Me, Luke, And Cody In The Back, On Our Way To The Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment