Friday, September 12, 2014

This Is Where The Rubber Meets The Road

Well I have made it out to Timberline. Sorry the post comes after my first day, haven't really had the time to do any of this since I got here. Pretty awesome campus out here. Really warm and cozy in the side of the mountain. Sadly my worst fear has become a reality.............. these people in Colorado do not have a clue what SWEET TEA is! Me and the other students from the south are feeling the withdrawals of it. So I went and bought a pitcher 10lbs of sugar and some tea bags.  I am now converting Northerners and some Canadians haha.
I start class tomorrow I'm pretty excited the format of classes and activities are much like that of good old Grace Camp! So now that I kinda know what is going on I should be able to post regularly. These lyrics came to my mind as meeting students and staff and seeing what is in store for me this year and what I should be looking to do and or to witness and set an example to students, as I am the 3rd oldest student here.

Fire up your engines, come on, let's go
This is where the rubber meets the road
It's time to put in motion everything you know
This is where the rubber meets the road, meets the road

Those words come to mind because. I came here for more training but I have realized how much I have been trained already and should not say I am not ready to do anything yet and that I should look for opportunities even while being trained.

Love - Jared

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a willing heart, and pray the Lord of Heaven and earth will accomplish His purpose in you. Stay teachable always.

    ReplyDelete